Many different companies sell utility tables, but Lifetime Products build tables to do just what their name says...last a lifetime.
As a company who values quality and good workmanship, Macel is proud to work in partnership with Lifetime Products and be the provider of linens for their tables. For years we have used their products and appreciate their durability and function. We're excited to offer our customers an extra discount on Lifetime Products tables.
What makes Lifetime Products tables stand out among the rest?
- Durable Polyethylene Surface: Lightweight, durable, stain resistant surface contains UV inhibitors for added protection from weathering.
- Impact Resistant Corners: Engineered for superior durability and strength.
- Welded Locking Ring: Over 200% more material at stress point prevents unintentional closure. Brace arms are made with solid steel.
- Broad Leg Stance: Creates superior stability, reinforced with a leg brace.
- Non-Marring Foot Caps: Frame is powder coated and feet caps prevent floor damage
Macel & Company's featured articles at www.buylifetime.com
By Bonnie Whitesides, Co-Founder, Macel & Company
Tablecloth buying doesn’t need to be difficult, although we have all stood at the local linen store staring at the large selection hoping the perfect one will just fall off the shelf at us! If you’re in the market for some new linens or just want to know how to start, we’ve got some helpful tips and ideas to get you going.
- If just starting out, select a classic white or neutral color. It will go with everything and every occasion, and will be easy to accommodate different accessories.
- Lighter colors can appear either classic or casual while darker colors will have a more dramatic effect. Lighter colors are well suited for any holiday look, and can also add that “wow” factor to your table.
- Linen has always been at the top of the list for tablecloths, with cotton and cotton blends following close behind. However, these fine fabrics will require pressing after each and every wash. Check the label, some even may require dry cleaning.
- Another option readily available today is easy care polyester fabrics. Talk about simple -- just wash, dry, and use! Polyester and synthetic fabrics have come along way in texture, care, and appearance. These fabrics have the advantage of needing less pressing and minimal work from you, giving you more time for your party and guests! Also, because of their synthetic nature, spills and messes are easy to treat using your everyday pre-washing spray treatments.
Shape and Size
- Looking for the right size of tablecloth can seem tricky, but really there are only a few rules. If you have an oblong or rectangular table, choose an oblong or rectangular tablecloth that will give you at least a 6” drop on all sides. The average may fall between 6’-12”, but remember that tablecloths with a shorter drop will have a more casual look, and tablecloths with a longer drop will appear more formal.
- Long, to-the-floor length tablecloths traditionally are used for most formal events such as weddings or holidays; however, they are still suitable for anytime. If you have an oval table, opt for an oval tablecloth for an even drop all around the table perimeter. If you cannot find an oval, a rectangular or oblong tablecloth will still work just as well; you will just have a lengthier drop on those empty corner areas.
- Think outside of the box and have fun with a perfectly square tablecloth. In addition to using them on square tables, these can be darling placed at an angle over an oval or rectangular table.. For this look, it is ok for it not to be too “perfect” looking with the dropped edges. This is a fun look especially if you have a beautiful dining table that still wants to be seen. After the place setting and accessories are added, your table will have a fun and carefree look for a more casual occasion.
- It “seams” to be perfect, except for the seams. If you can, avoid unsightly tabletop seams in your table linens unless it is part of the tablecloth’s overall design and function. The attention shouldn’t be on the seam running across the middle of the tabletop, it should be on the beautiful place setting, décor, and guests!
- Whether it’s for extra seating, a buffet or a gift table, a folding utility table like a Lifetime 6’ Folding Table can be a very versatile and handy table! But, let’s face it, there are times when showing a little table leg, especially those on a folding table, just doesn’t look good. When you need to dress up your utility table with a more decorative and sophisticated flair, consider a full-length tablecloth. A fitted tablecloth like Macel & Company’s “Slips” line is a great solution to make a hardworking functional folding table completely blend into your decorative environment. Start with an Eva Basic, a one-piece slip that has full-length coverage from the tabletop to the floor. Next, bring in some color with a Betty or Laura Topper. These fun, creative toppers come in a variety of colors and can be used right over your Eva Basic for a custom look! An added bonus of using a full-length tablecloth is being able to store extra items underneath your table and out-of-site.
By Bonnie Whitesides, Co-Founder, Macel & Company
March is quickly approaching and, for many of us, thoughts of leprechauns and lucky clovers have been replaced with the excitement of NCAA March Madness! It’s a time to gather friends, family and co-workers to watch the up-and-coming stars of the basketball world and cheer on our favorite college team. Whether it’s two classic rivals fighting it out on the court or a no-name college as the underdog, one thing is certain…energetic sports fans will watch with delight as the Final Four is determined.
Some fans may choose to watch at sports bars and restaurants, while many will enjoy the comfort and intimate setting of their family room. Here are a few easy tips that will spice up the competition for an in-home party while providing some well-coached style and flair for snacks and drink presentation.
Host a Snack Attack
A refreshment table is a must at these times. Rather than just throwing your food onto the coffee table, set up a “Madness Table”. Keep it close to the action so no plays are missed while guests dig for chips and load up their plate. Pull out your Lifetime folding table and throw a Macel and Company Basic and Topper over it in the color combination of your choice. Don’t be afraid to throw in a centerpiece of team pennants or basketball themed party favors. Be sure you have enough treats in case the game goes into overtime.
If your home is filled with guests rooting for different teams you can make the competition on TV be more real in your home. Set-up two Lifetime 37" square tables or round tables, covered with a Basic and Topper of each opposing team’s colors. Lay the rules out at the beginning of the game: Only eat from the table of the team currently in the lead. So, if you like one team more than the other, just put the better food on that team’s table. It’s just a sly way of rooting for your team.
If the game’s good, the action around the snack table will get heated and frenzied. Spills are bound to happen. Plan for it. Lifetime tables are stain resistant. Pair them with Macel & Company’s linens that are machine washable and stain resistant and you’ll rebound from a spill in no time.
Take the Party Outside
If it's warm enough in your area, take the party outside! During commercials and half-time, let your guests practice their own all-star shots on your Lifetime basketball hoop. Or, try a few of these family-friendly driveway basketball games.
Make a Racket with Brackets
Finally, don’t forget about the brackets! One of the fun ways of keeping March Madness exciting is to fill out a bracket. It’s up to you whether you stay loyal to your personal favorites or pick from those the experts favor. Either way, get creative with your bracket name. Have a contest to see which guest has the craziest or most original name in the pool. Set a gift aside for the winner…something basketball-themed of course!
News from Lifetime Products:
Posted at www.buylifetime.com 10/28/2011